Hi! I’m Mary.
An excerpt from my kindergarten teacher’s evaluation: “Food is very important to Mary. If she doesn’t like her lunch it ruins her entire day.” It was true then, and it’s true now.
I love food! I love the field of nutrition. And I love helping people discover the power of food to make their lives better. Food and lifestyle choices can give you more energy, help you feel better, prevent illness, and maybe even reverse certain disease states. (Side effects may also include looking better!)
Here’s the skinny on my creds…
I’m a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition (MS) from Bastyr University. I have 10+ years of professional nutrition experience: counseling 1-on-1, presenting at conferences, speaking to groups, and training other professionals. All this in clinics, at corporations, in colleges & universities, in a nutrition textbook, via online webinars, in magazines, on the radio, and on TV.
Currently, I am:
- Clinical Education Lead & Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale in Seattle
- Immediate Past Chair of Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (practice group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with 5000+ members)
- Host of Mary’s Nutrition Show Podcast and Webseries
- Faculty at Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy
- Contributing author of Krause’s Food & The Nutrition Care Process
Private practice in Seattle, WA (Nourishing Balance), 8 years
Adjunct Faculty at Bastyr University, Seattle, WA, 3 years
Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health, 5 years
RDN at Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 2 years
President of the Greater Seattle Dietetic Association.