Podcast Episode 57
Worry about dementia, Alzheimers, or losing your memory? Or just want to improve your brain function? Discover the best brain food and the MIND diet with Maggie Moon.
PLUS: Hear how to win The MIND Diet book!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- 5.5 million Amer’s have Alzheimer’s
- 47 million Americans have some evidence of cognitive impairment
The MIND Diet is a combination up of:
- The Mediterranean Diet and
- The DASH Diet
What is the best brain food to eat?
- Adding foods, rather than deprivation
- What are some world cuisines that fit the MIND Diet?
- Which foods should you minimize?
Why are some components of good brain food?
- Polyphenol antioxidants
- B vitamins
- Omega 3’s
- Synergistic effects
Important brain food / MIND Diet questions answered:
- When can wine be helpful?
- What about the mercury in fish?
- What about eggs?
- Where does chocolate fit in the diet?
How to overcome obstacles to following the MIND diet?
- How to make the diet easy?
- What does The MIND Diet book cover?
PLUS: Hear how to win drawing The MIND Diet book.
- Tag a friend (who you think might be interested) on our Facebook post about this episode: (https://www.facebook.com/pg/MaryPurdyRD/posts/)
- Each friend tagged will count as one entry for our drawing.
- The book winner will be drawn at random and announced on our next show.
- We can only send the book to a US address.
AND… The Nutrition Challenge of the Week!
Guest, Maggie Moon, MS, RD:
Author of The MIND Diet
Learn more about Maggie at maggiemoon.com
Check out her recipes at minddietmeals.com
The MIND Diet, available on Amazon and everywhere they sell books.
Say hello to Maggie on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest @minddietmeals
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly. Subscribe and Review on Podcasts App (and iTunes) ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. Past experience:
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct Professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine! MARY’S NEW BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset