Podcast Episode 56
More than 1 out of every 3 American adults has prediabetes, but 90% of these people don’t even know. Yikes! It may be you or someone you know. Anne Elizabeth, RD helps us celebrate National Diabetes Month by sharing essential info about diabetes.
PLUS: The Nutrition Challenge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
What are Diabetes and Prediabetes?
- How does blood sugar and insulin relate?
Prediabetes Statistics and Why is Diabetes So Prevalent?
- 84 million Americans have prediabetes
- Only 10% of people know that they are prediabetic
What are the signs and symptoms of diabetes?
- Blood work, blood glucose, and the prediabetes range
What Can You Do to Prevent Diabetes and Prediabetes?
- Sugars, refined sugar, and alternative sweets
- Prebiotics, fiber, and blood sugar regulation
- Refined carbs and other foods
- Lifestyle factors and actions
- Connecting with your doctor and blood tests
- Diabetes prevention in the bedroom?
And, The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Mary’s Nutrition Show is on Amazon’s Alexa
You can say: “Alexa — enable Mary’s Nutrition Show.”
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor.
Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly. Subscribe and Review on Podcasts App (and iTunes) ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. Past experience:
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct Professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S NEW BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset