Podcast Episode 42
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN talks with Registered Dietitian Wendy Lopez about eating healthy on a budget when the food recommendations seem unfamiliar or out of reach.
PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
Find of which staple is always in Wendy Lopez’s grocery cart, and…
Culture As Part Of The Nutrition Conversation
- How your cultural background affects the foods you choose to eat and enjoy
- How to work with your cultural tastes to eat healthy
Working With What Is Available In Your Neighborhood
- What if the produce isn’t the best quality in your supermarket
- What foods to start with
Eating Healthy On A Budget
- How to find healthy foods if your neighborhood doesn’t have a natural market
- Which foods are most cost effective
- Which foods can replace the more costly health foods
- How meal planning can play a part of eating cheap
Call For Dietitians From Different Backgrounds And Experiences
- Need providers that are diverse
- Section on her website: Dietitian Spotlight highlights dietitians of color as well as other dietitians that are doing interesting work
And, The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Life insurance for health-conscious people. Vegetarians in the house say “yo!” Use this link to get a free quote or mention the promo code “MNS” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Help support our show at no cost to you. 🙂
ABOUT THE SHOW
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University.
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests, and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.