Podcast Episode 19
Mary Purdy, RD talks about foods that help you sleep – and those that don’t – with 4 dietary tips to give you that great night’s rest you’ve been dreaming about.
Part 1 of a 2-part series. (Part 2: Lifestyle Tips)
PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
How Much Sleep Do You Need?
- Why sleep is SO important for us
- The average number of hours sleep Americans get
- Why we are hungrier after a poor night’s sleep
Foods That Help You Sleep
- What caffeine and other stimulants can do to sleep
- How alcohol affects sleep and an alternative beverage that could help sleep
- Meal strategies that can help zzzzzzzzz’s
- The merits of magnesium and how to use it
And, The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Life insurance for health-conscious people. Vegetarians in the house say “yo!” Use this link to get a free quote or mention the promo code “MNS” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Help support our show at no cost to you. 🙂
ABOUT THE SHOW
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University.
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests, and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.