Podcast Episode 62
Your health isn’t just about the food you eat. You know that! But who has the time for things like yoga and meditation?! Dietitian, Mandy Enright joins us to help us busy people get started with yoga.
Plus: How to win a free-food gift card.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
Definitions and terms: Asanas vs Yoga vs Meditation
- What does RYT mean?
How to get started with yoga?
- Advice on getting started
- Not all yoga studios are created equal
- What to look for in a yoga studio
What are the benefits of mediation?
- How does meditation effect ones eating?
Strategies for fitting yoga and mediation into your busy life
- Meditation in the corporate environment
PLUS: The Weekly Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
THIS WEEK’S GIVE-AWAY:
- Mandy Enright’s meal prep kit and 1 month coordinating meal plan
- $55 Gift Card from Nona Lim / www.nonalim.com
TO ENTER THE DRAWING
- Accept Mary’s Weekly Challenge by…
- Commenting on Mary’s Facebook post about this episode.
- Just tell us that you “accept” Mary’s challenge!
Resources for getting started with yoga and meditation:
GUEST: MANDY ENRIGHT Mandy Enright, MS, RDN, RYT, is a registered dietitian and fitness instructor based at the Jersey Shore. She specializes in corporate wellness, nutrition communications, and helping provide her clients simple, actionable mealtime solutions from planning to preparation. Mandy is the creator of the couples nutrition blog and podcast, Nutrition Nuptials where she aims to help couples go from a “ME” to a “WE” with their nutrition, fitness, and lifestyle habits. Learn more about Mandy at mandyenright.com.
MANDY ENRIGHT’S SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube: @mandyenrightRD
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly. Subscribe and Review on Podcasts App (and iTunes) ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. Past experience:
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct Professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine! MARY’S NEW BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset