The Secret to Healthy Living with Master Chef Maria Hines
Podcast Episode 52
What insights does a master chef have about healthy living? Find out when Seattle Chef Maria Hines chats with Host Mary Purdy, RD.
PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
What is a Chef’s Approach to Healthy Living?
- Thoughts on plant-based eating, eating seasonally, and clean eating.
- How does sustainability fit into the picture?
What is Healthy Living at Home?
- Kitchen strategies and cooking philosophy
What are Quick Tips for Healthy Food and Cooking?
- Specific ideas for cooking and kitchen prep.
- Healthy snacks and healthy dinners.
- How does frozen food play a role?
- Fat in the diet.
How to Enter the Drawing for the $50 gift certificate to restaurant Tilth
- Tag a friend on the Facebook post about this podcast episode (Healthy Food Tips from Master Chef Maria Hines). You can find that post at Mary’s Facebook page: https://facebook.com/pg/MaryPurdyRD/posts/
- You must have US address.
- One entry for each friend tagged, up to 10 friends tagged.
Our gift certificate winner will be announced on the next podcast
And, The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Instagram: @mariahinesrestaurants @agrodolceseattle @tilthrestaurant @Maria_Hines_Catering
Life insurance for health-conscious people. Vegetarians in the house say “yo!” Use this link to get a free quote or mention the promo code “MNS” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Help support our show at no cost to you. 🙂
ABOUT THE SHOW
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University.
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests, and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.