Podcast Episode 20
In this episode, Mary talks about how to get good sleep with her 4 lifestyle tips that just might give you that great night’s rest you’ve been dreaming about.
Part 2 of a 2-part series (Part 1: Dietary Tips).
PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
Why You Should Get Good Sleep
- The effects of sleep on your health, mood, brain function and so much more.
How To Get Good Sleep
- Light, circadian rhythm, melatonin, electronics, blue light, and YOU.
- How stress affects sleep (+ possible solutions).
- Is your favorite TV show affecting your sleep?
- How sleep environment affects you sleep.
- The effects of exercise on your sleep.
The Benefits of Keeping a Sleep Journal
What About Naps?
And, The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Life insurance for health-conscious people. Vegetarians in the house say “yo!” Use this link to get a free quote or mention the promo code “MNS” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Help support our show at no cost to you. 🙂
ABOUT THE SHOW
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University.
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests, and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.