Podcast Episode 45
This show is all about SMOOTHIES! Check out this episode to see how to make a smoothie and find out the one ingredient that Mary loves to include in her smoothies that you would normally find in a burrito.
PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
3 Top Reasons Why Smoothies Are So Great
How To Make A Smoothie
- Smoothie Base
- Fruit in your smoothie
- Good greens for smoothies
- What if you don’t like vegetables?
- Why should you add a fat?
- Adding flavor
- Getting your superfoods (and one that tastes like Whoppers)
- Ways to save money while making smoothies
- How to make your smoothie like ice cream or sorbet
- How to get your veggies intake through smoothies
- How to amp up the nutritional value of your smoothies
- Why Incorporate Plants In Your Smoothies
Protein Powder Basics
- Secrets to getting more fiber in your smoothies
- Adding creaminess via protein
- Great plant based proteins
How To Eat Smoothies
- Things to consider if you are wanting to lose weight
- How to digest a smoothie properly
And, The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Enter to Win!
Win a Blue Lotus Chai gift pack which includes 6 flavors and a very cool mug, a $40 value (plus free shipping). All you have to do to enter is COMMENT, SHARE, or TAG A FRIEND at https://facebook.com/MaryPurdyRD/videos/2040211029331436/.
* Our winner will be chosen on June 7th. Must have a US address for shipping.
Nuzest protein powder: If you are interested in trying that delish pea protein powder from Nuzest USA use my code MARY15 to get 15% off! Check out the Matcha one.
Life insurance for health-conscious people. Vegetarians in the house say “yo!” Use this link to get a free quote or mention the promo code “MNS” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Help support our show at no cost to you. 🙂
ABOUT THE SHOW
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University.
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests, and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.