Podcast Episode 65
Ever get heartburn or acid reflux? You may not need to immediately reach for medication. Mary Purdy, RD, gives the scoop on natural remedies for heartburn.
PLUS: The Nutrition Challenge of the Week!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
What is heartburn (acid reflux) exactly?
- Do you have any of the symptoms
What are the things that cause heartburn?
- What are YOUR triggers
What can you do after it happens?
- The best herbs and teas you can take to feel better
It’s all about the diet! Alkaline vs acidic
- Why you have to keep your diet mostly alkaline
- What are the best (and yummiest) alkaline foods
Why acid reflux is sometimes caused…by too little acid?!
- A little science behind acid reflux
- Why increasing acid in your body might be the solution to heartburn
Prevention is the best medicine
- What can you do prevent heartburn in the first place
- Why keeping an eating diary is a major step towards healing
PLUS: The Weekly Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
THIS WEEK’S GIVE-AWAY:
>> $70 Gift Card from Nona Lim / www.nonalim.com
TO ENTER THE DRAWING
- Send Mary an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mention “heartburn” in the subject line.
- FYI – Food from Nona Lim can only be sent to a USA address.
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. Past experience:
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct Professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S NEW BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset