Podcast Episode 39
Skin is honest. It tells you about your internal health. If you, or someone you know, has eczema, acne, psoriasis, or other skin issues–OR if you’re interested in glowing, super healthy skin, give a listen. We chat with Christa Biegler who knows a bunch about eczema and other skin issues. PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
- How your skin is a reflection of your internal health.
- How does your immune system affect the skin?
- How does one’s gut health affect skin health?
- What are some common foods that affect the skin?
- Did you know? — there are 8 different types of eczema.
- What is exactly is eczema?
Eating for Better Skin Health
- Might eliminating certain foods help skin issues?
- Which foods and nutrients help nourish skin?
- When and how to integrate zinc, vitamin A, vitamin D, and omega-3’s.
- Can cruciferous veggies help?
- What is black lava salt? (an unanswered mystery)
- The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Life insurance for health-conscious people. Vegetarians in the house say “yo!” Use this link to get a free quote or mention the promo code “MNS” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Help support our show at no cost to you. 🙂
ABOUT THE SHOW
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
- Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. Past experience: Private practice (8 yrs), Adjunct professor at Bastyr University, Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health. Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
- MARY’S NEW BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset
- DISCLAIMER:This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests, and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.