Podcast Episode 64
Men live shorter and are, in general, less healthy than women. Dr. Myles Spar tells us how to achieve optimal men’s health, why men are not proactive when it comes to health and how to challenge men in your life to start implementing healthy habits.
Plus: Win a free-food gift card.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
Why do women live longer than men?
- And why it’s not genetic?
What are the 5 healthy habits that make a 13-year difference in life expectancy?
- Why men are more prone to die from 9 out of 10 leading causes of death in the US
How to engage a man to start getting healthy?
- Why you should never begin a health conversation with the word “wellness”
- The best ways to get a man’s attention
How to incorporate health through something that a person really cares about?
- Goal-focused vs. complaint-focused mindset
- Implementation of basic health principles
- What is precision preventive medicine?
- Why accountability and progress tracking are crucial
PLUS: The Weekly Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
THIS WEEK’S GIVE-AWAY:
>> $60 Gift Card from Nona Lim / www.nonalim.com
TO ENTER THE DRAWING
- Accept Mary’s Weekly Challenge by…
- Tagging a guy on Mary’s Facebook post about this episode.
- FYI – Food from Nona Lim can only be sent to a USA address.
GUEST: MYLES SPAR, MD
Myles’ Website: https://drspar.com/
Myles’ Blog: https://drspar.com/blog/
Myles’ Health Program: https://drspar.com/tack180-program/
MYLES SPAR SOCIAL MEDIA
Myles on Facebook
Myles on Instagram
Myles on Twitter
Myles on LinkedIn
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. Past experience:
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct Professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S NEW BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset