Podcast Episode 11
Curious about the Vegan Diet? Is it really possible to live life without cheese? While some people eat vegan as part of a life choice to not harm animals, others eat vegan for its health benefits. Mary explains what is the vegan diet along with benefits and potential pitfalls.
Mary dishes out the what, how, & why of the Vegan Diet.
PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
* Part 1 of a 3-part series, the Diet Special
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
What Is The Vegan Diet?
- Which foods are not on the diet?
- Reasons to eat vegan
Is The Vegan Diet Healthy?
- The healthy version, what you can get from it
- Tips for getting enough protein
- Additional lifestyle benefits
What Are The Pifalls?
- Foods to avoid that are actually vegan
- Which nutrients can end up being deficient
- What can you eat to make sure you get enough of these nutrients
- How to know if you have deficiencies
How To Eat Balanced Vegan Meals
- Quick vegan breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas
- Flexible eating
- Eating seasonally
And, The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
ABOUT THE SHOW
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University.
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests, and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.