Podcast Episode 101
Are hemp seeds healthy? Not only do these little gems offer tons of nutritional benefits, they help the environment. Tune into find out all the ways hemp seeds help people and planet and hear how fun it is to say “HEMP!”
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- What are the nutritional benefits of hemp seeds?
- What minerals do hemp seeds contain?
- What is a plant sterol?
- Is hemp a sustainable crop?
- Can hemp improve soil?
- What is “bio-remediation”?
- How do bees feel about hemp?
- How do you incorporate hemp seeds into the diet?
ALSO MENTIONED ON OUR SHOW:
1. Farmer Jawn
2. Planetary Health Collective Monthly Panels
3. The Rodale Institute Hemp Trial
RECIPES FROM DIETITIAN NUTRITIONISTS
1. Better Hemp Pesto recipe courtesy of The Better Nutrition Program and Hemp-lover, Ashley Koff RD.
2. Crispy Seedy Crackers by Bracha Kopstick RD IG: @adolescent.nutritionist
3. Cashew Cookie Hemp Energy Bars By Kelly Jones, RD
4. Gingerbread Hemp Snowballs by Colleen Wysocki, MS, RDN & Owner of ZEST Nutrition IG: @glutenfreerd FB: ZEST Nutrition
5. Golden Turmeric Hemp Granola by Sharon Palmer, MS, RDN
Hungry for more info on Hemp Seeds? Check out this terrific article that goes into all you might wanna know about hemp seeds written by fellow dietitian nutritionist, Jeanette Kimszal.
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest information and tips about nutrition, lifestyle, and sustainable foods, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a specialty in and passion for sustainability, and a healthy sense of humor.
Subscribe and Review on Apple Podcasts App
ABOUT MARY: Mary Purdy is an Integrative Eco- Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty and a Clinical Supervisor at their teaching clinic. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!