Podcast Episode 96
What’s so wonderful about the luscious lentil? Probably more than you think! There’s a lot to love about this perfect pulse and we talk you through it from nutritional powerhouse to planet protector!
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- Are lentils a legume?
- How much protein and fiber are in lentiils?
- What minerals are in lentils?
- Are lentils good for your heart?
- Why are are lentils sustainable?
- What is a crop rotation and why is it so great?
- “Wat’s” on second?
- How many types of lentils are there?
- How can you use lentils?
- Does lentil pasta exist?
- Can you have lentils for dessert?
- Does the “Lentil council” exist?
- Why does Keith know Mary so well?
ALSO MENTIONED ON OUR SHOW:
1. The Lentil Council: https://www.usapulses.org/
2. Plant-Based Food Share: https://www.plantbasedfoodshare.org/
LENTIL RECIPES from a collection of fellow dietitian nutritionists:
7. Lots of dessert ideas made with....PULSES: https://pulses.org/nap/dish/desserts/
Photo by Frédéric Dupont on Unsplash.
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest information and tips about nutrition, lifestyle, and sustainable foods, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a specialty in and passion for sustainability, and a healthy sense of humor
ABOUT MARY: Mary Purdy is an Integrative Eco- Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty and a Clinical Supervisor at their teaching clinic. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!