Podcast Episode 102
Are oils good or bad for you? Turns out…both! It just depends on the oil, how it was processed and whether or not it’s heated. Tune in with our rockstar guest, Udo Erasmus, well known author of “Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill” to find out more!
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- What are we getting wrong about oils?
- Is frying in oil a bad idea?
- What impact does heating and processing do to oils?
- Can you cook in water?
- What are the health benefits of Omega 3 oils?
- Should you only buy organic oil?
- How do we get more flax into the diet?
- Is canola oil ok to consume?
- What happened when Udo got pesticide poisoning?
ALSO MENTIONED ON OUR SHOW:
2. Udo Products: https://udoschoice.com/
This is an “affiliate link” which means that when you click and sign up, we may earn a small commission, which helps keep us in business! Thanks!
RECIPES FROM MY FELLOW DIETITIAN NUTRITIONISTS
2. Chocolate Overnight Oats and Raspberry Chia Pudding Parfaits by Chef Julie Andrews, MS, RDN, CD IG: @thegourmetRD
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest information and tips about nutrition, lifestyle, and sustainable foods, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a specialty in and passion for sustainability, and a healthy sense of humor.
ABOUT MARY: Mary Purdy is an Integrative Eco- Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty and a Clinical Supervisor at their teaching clinic. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!