Podcast Episode 92
Do you eat seaweed? Think Nori, wakame and kombu for starters! These vegetables of the sea are not only nutritional gems, they are also sn incredibly sustainable food! Tune into this episode to find out about the many benefits of seaweed for people and planet.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- Is seaweed a weed?
- How sustainable is seaweed?
- Does Seaweed photosynthesize
- What minerals and vitamins is seaweed high in?
- Is seaweed a source of protein?
- Do mice enjoy seaweed?
- Is fucoxanthin a real word?
- Does seaweed support gut health?
- What are the health benefits of different types of seaweed?
Want our FREE Downloadable Seaweed Freebie? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ll add you to our mailing list and send you a link to the gorgeous doc!
- Thanks to Hannah Hoekstra, the dietetic intern who created it.
ALSO MENTIONED ON OUR SHOW:
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, and tips about nutrition, lifestyle, and sustainable foods, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability, and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty and a Clinical Supervisor at their teaching clinic. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOKS: The Microbiome Diet Reset & Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset