Podcast Episode 91
What are the benefits of Vitamin D? From bones to brain and from immunity to inflammation, this important nutrient plays a significant role in our health. Find out why it’s so important, why it MAY be potentially helpful in addressing COVID-19 and how you can potentially improve your levels.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- How does Vitamin D affect our bone health?
- Does Vitamin D affect immunity and autoimmunity?
- Does vitamin D play a role in inflammation?
- Do Vitamin D levels affect COVID outcomes?
- How does Vitamin D affect blood sugars?
- Do low Vitamin D levels put you at a higher risk of cancer?
- How does Vitamin D affect our brains?
- Why are correlations and associations important?
- Does Vitamin D help with lung function?
1. The Planetary Health Collective
2. Research Studies on potential benefits of Vitamin D in COVID-19
- Immune-boosting role of vitamins D, C, E, zinc, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids: Could they help against COVID-19?
- Treatments for COVID-19 from Harvard Health Publishing
- Study suggests high vitamin D levels may protect against COVID-19, especially for Black people
- Study: Vitamin D Supplementation Could Protect From Severe COVID-19
Photo by Thanh Soledas on Unsplash
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Subscribe and Review on Apple Podcasts App
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty and a Clinical Supervisor at their teaching clinic. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOKS: The Microbiome Diet Reset & Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset