Podcast Episode 68
Many people want to eat healthy but feel like it’s just too expensive. Mary Purdy shares secrets of cheap healthy meals. Luckily, what’s good for your wallet is also good for the environment.
PLUS: The nutrition challenge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
Where you may be spending unnecessary money on food
Why healthy eating is not as expensive as you think!
- What you can do to save
How to shop for cheap healthy meals
- What are the cheapest foods?
- Do you have to buy organic?
- Are coupons worth your time?
How much money you can save by not wasting food
- How much food does the average person throw away?
- How does this affect the environment?
- What foods last the longest?
Why eating out is so expensive
- Are leftovers ok?
How to get cheap healthy meals by cooking/prepping at home
- How easy is it to assemble your own meal?
- Why you don’t necessarily have to turn on the stove or oven!
- Why some frozen meals can be a great option!
PLUS: The Weekly Challenge!
Challenge yourself to incorporate lentils into a recipe or meal…our friends at USA Pulses know a thing or two about delicious affordable and sustainable recipes. Thank you to Marianna Kozak, our dietetic intern for her help in developing this episode.
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Use Special Discount Code:
“bliss15” to get 15% off your purchase!
DOWNLOAD “7 Easy and Cheap Breakfasts/Lunches/Dinners”:
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 11 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. She speaks at conferences throughout the year and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct Professor at Bastyr University 2015-2017 and current
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health. 2010-2015
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine! MARY’S BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests.