Podcast Episode 86
With all the screen time these days, our eyes are getting a bit of a work out! And this may not always be a positive thing. We’re talking strain, fatigue, blurry vision, dryness plus a myriad of other issues that affect eyes regardless of our device exposure. Did you know that nutrition can play a role in the health of those eyeballs? We are using our eyeballs more than ever and manhy of us are feeling it.
Whether it’s aging, the screens or both, our eyes could use a little extra support. And it ain’t just about carrots. Plus we celebrate the good work of Community Alliance for Global Justice. Plus, sponsored by “Broccoli”.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- What are “carotenoids” and how do they help?
- Is “astaxanthin” a real thing?
- How can green tea be beneficial to eyes?
- Which vitamins and minerals are most helpful?
- Are all Omega 3 fatty acids the same?
- Did Shakespeare write about Bilberries and can you eat them?
- Is it possible to use bilberry as lipstick?
- What role does natural light play?
- How long can Keith keep staring into Mary’s eyes?
- Also: Is almond milk environmentally friendly?
The Community Alliance for Global Justice: https://cagj.org/
Do you have a question, a helpful comment or something to celebrate? We have an easy way for you to record audio.
- Check out the bottom of this web page (look for the “Start recording” button!).
- Or send us an audio file (voice memo) from your phone (to mary <at> marypurdy.co).
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty and a Clinical Supervisor at their teaching clinic. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOKS: The Microbiome Diet Reset & Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset