Podcast Episode 85
How have your eating habits changed during COVID? What comfort food do you turn to in times of stress? While numerous rituals around food have been disrupted this year, it is also a perfect time to develop new habits, to build community and connection, and help create resilience.
Find out how!
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- How can food make you more resilient and healthy during this time?
- How does Covid stress and sadness affect what we eat?
- What can you to do to help others?
- How can cooking help you maintain control?
- Is now the time to make those dietary changes?
- How might you re-imagine a comfort food?
- How can we feel empowered to cook, cultivate and connect with your food?
The Black Farmers Collective : https://www.blackfarmerscollective.com/
Do you have a question, a helpful comment or something to celebrate? We have an easy way for you to record audio.
- Check out the bottom of this web page (look for the “Start recording” button!).
- Or send us an audio file (voice memo) from your phone (to mary <at> marypurdy.co).
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty and a Clinical Supervisor at their teaching clinic. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOKS: The Microbiome Diet Reset & Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset