Podcast Episode 74
We all feel down or depressed at some point in our lives, right? How can food play a part in affecting our mood? Learn about the various vitamins, foods, and other players involved.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- Is it possible to consider depression a symptom of another underlying issue?
- What is the food mood connection?
- What foods can help improve one’s mood?
- What other factors are involved?
- Can a soft taco be a cure-all?
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Next up on The Nutrition Show: “Should I Eat Organic?”
Mary’s Nutrition Show is on Amazon’s Alexa.
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 11 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. She speaks at conferences throughout the year and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- Currently Adjunct Professor at Bastyr University
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice (8 yrs)
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests.