Podcast Episode 80
Are you aware of the prevalence of chemicals in our environment? Whether it’s your food, your personal care or cleaning products, your clothes, your household items, or your workplace, you may be coming into contact with potentially harmful compounds on a regular basis.
These chemicals can affect thyroid function, disrupt reproduction function, increases inflammation and affect your risk for diabetes, cancer and autoimmune issues . It might be time to do a survey of your life and find out ways to reduce your exposure and find alternatives.
Plus what’s the connection be between chemicals and increased susceptibility to things like COVID? Listen to Mary’s fascinating talk with Dr. Aly Cohen on a topic you can’t afford to miss!
Plus…There’s a Freebie from Dr. Cohen’s Site HERE
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- Where do environmental chemicals lurk?
- What impact do environmental chemicals have on our health?
- How can I avoid these chemicals?
- How does the environment affect our health?
- What are endocrine disrupting chemicals?
- What about cosmetics and personal care products?
- Why are kids more susceptible to chemicals?
- What are ultra-processed foods?
- How do I reduce my chemical burden?
- Why do environmental chemicals disproportionately affect communities of color?
- do your floors really need to sparkle?
- How do I ensure safe drinking water?
CONNECT WITH ALY Cohen
Freebie here: “Household Items You Should Throw Away Now
Facebook: The Smart Human
Instagram: The Smart Human
Natural Resources Defense Council: https://www.nrdc.org/issues/food
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Subscribe and Review on Apple Podcasts App
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOKS: The Microbiome Diet Reset & Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset