Podcast Episode 23
Caffeinated tea can be good for you! Mary discusses the health benefits (and potential downside) of caffeinated tea and recommends 5 of her favorites. Part 1 of a 2-part series. (Part 2: Herbal Teas)
PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
Quick Facts About Tea & The Tea Leaf
- The potential downside of caffeine
- The many benefits of tea!
- How to deal with the bitterness of tea
- Learn big words like “Theobromine”
The Merits Of Rooibos Tea
- And ideas on how to drink it.
Health Benefits Of Green Tea
- What is so special about green tea
- Some of the Seattle-area tea companies we love (not sponsors)
- Recommendations of healthy caffeinated teas
Health Benefits Of Black Tea
- Get amazing flavor with Mary’s favorite tea powder
- What does bacon have to do with tea?
Health Benefits Of Pu’er Tea
- How it’s made What additional benefits do you get from Puerh that do you don’t get from the other types?
What About Yerba Mate?
And, The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Life insurance for health-conscious people. Vegetarians in the house say “yo!” Use this link to get a free quote or mention the promo code “MNS” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Help support our show at no cost to you. ?
ABOUT THE SHOW
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University.
- Private practice (8 yrs)
Adjunctprofessor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests, and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.