Podcast Episode 84
Can diet help manage hormonal imbalances and PCOS? The answer is a resounding yes! “The Hormone Dietitian” Melissa Groves Azzaro discusses power foods and functional approaches to hormonal balance.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- What is PCOS?
- How does PCOS affect metabolism?
- What are some common symptoms of PCOS?
- What does insulin resistance and inflammation have to do with it?
- Do we know what causes PCOS?
- What does the PCOS quiz say about you?
- What role do the adrenal glands and the microbiome play?
- Do “Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals” affect this condition?
- How does this affect people of color differently?
- How can food and nutrition help?
- What are “PCOS Power Foods”?
- Is weight loss always necessary?
- Is Mary starting a “uni-ovary” support group?
Plus…. A question from a listener about Apple Cider Vinegar supplements.
GIVEAWAY DETAILS TO BE ENTERED INTO WINNING Melissa’s book “A Balanced Approach to PCOS”:
Go to our Instagram post about this show and make a comment or tag a pal.
Giveaway closes 2 weeks after the original posting date of 12/16/20
For more information about Melissa Groves Azzaro, MS, RDN: https://thehormonedietitian.com/
Melissa’s Book: “A Balanced Approach to PCOS” (Download the FREE Printable Grocery Lists & Bonuses!)
Follow Melissa on Instagram: @the.hormone.dietitian
ALSO MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
Diversify Dietetics: https://www.diversifydietetics.org/
- Diversify Dietetics’ self-study module designed for educators, only $19 for 2.8 CEUs and about 2-3 hours to complete: https://diverisfydietetics.lpages.co/supporting-equitable-dietetics-education-self-study/
The Microbiome Diet Reset Book: https://marypurdy.co/books/
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Subscribe and Review on Apple Podcasts App
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOKS: The Microbiome Diet Reset & Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset