Podcast Episode 54
What weight loss and diet insights might Latin America inspire? Weight loss expert and Fulbright scholar, Dan Fenyvesi, RD joins us and spills the beans.
PLUS: A Book Give-Away!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
How Do Simple Meals Help You Lose Weight?
- What are simple foods that can help?
- The value of basic ingredients
What Does “Structure Is Meaning” Mean?
- What are the thermic effects of food and their ramifications?
isthe thermic effects of starch from corn vs. rice?
- The Digestive track relationship to thermic effects
How To Lose Weight… With Cabbage?
- Ideas for preparing cabbage
What Is The “Sober Plate?”
- How can you visualize different types of food categories in a meal?
- How do the calories from plants differ from those of animals?
How To Frame Deprivation In Weight Loss?
- A psychological vs. biological perspective
What Is Dan’s Take On Contemporary Sugar?
- What are useful levels of complex carbs in the diet?
PLUS: A Give-Away Of Dan Fenyvesi’s Book!
The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
To Be Eligible:
- Make a comment on our Facebook post about this particular podcast episode: https://facebook.com/pg/MaryPurdyRD/posts/
- You must have a US address.
- Winner will be announced on our next podcast. Good luck!
DAN FENVESI LINKS:
YouTube Video – Fulbright funded: FAUSTIAN BARGAIN – Obesity in Nicaragua/Obesidad en Nicaragua
Mary gave this food cart a shout out (in honor of simple, wholesome food!)
Please Subscribe, Rate, and Review on Podcasts App (or iTunes)
Mary’s Nutrition Show is on Amazon’s Alexa
You can say: “Alexa — enable Mary’s
Life insurance for health-conscious people. Vegetarians in the house say “yo!” Use this link to get a free quote or mention the promo code “MNS” when you talk to a Health IQ agent. Help support our show at no cost to you. ?
ABOUT THE SHOW
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
Subscribe and Review on Podcasts App (and iTunes)
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University.
- Private practice (8 yrs)
Adjunctprofessor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S NEW BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset
DISCLAIMER: This podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you hear here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy, the Show’s producers, and guests, and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.