Instructor & Educator
Are you seeking an instructor to teach a workshop or module to your group or dietetic students/interns on sustainability in our food and agriculture system?
I’m available to provide a one hour presentation (or 5 week module) on “Planetary Health on the Menu: Sustainability in Nutrition and Dietetics” to dietetic students/interns OR a 60-75 minute CEU presentation on “Eating the Save the Planet: The Role of the Dietitian” for your conference or dietetics event. These are both highly popular and well received presentations I have given to many groups
Here’s the skinny on my teaching experience
I’m a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition (MS) from Bastyr University where I am currently Adjunct Faculty.
Over the past 10 years, I have provided over 100 educational workshops and trainings for local communities, businesses and professionals, as well as given dozens of online webinars for CEU credits. I speak regularly at health and nutrition-related conferences and symposiums and regularly teach online with a variety of educational platforms. Please take a look at my “Public Speaker” page for an additional list of the many nutrition-focused presentations I have given and can offer to your organization or group
I currently have three online courses available for CEU credits available to anyone via the Continuing Education Department of Bastyr University
- An Integrative & Functional Nutritional Approach to Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Addressing PMS with Diet & Lifestyle
- Your Brain on Food: Nutrition for the Mind
My Teaching/Instruction Creds:
- Adjunct Faculty at Bastyr University, teaching in both the Nutrition and Naturopathic departments as well as the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine department designing curriculum and teaching courses. (Since 2015) Courses:
- “Nutrition Principles: Macronutrients and Micronutrients”;
- “Ecological Aspects of Nutrition”
- “Nutrition, Botanicals and Supplements: Anti-Inflammatory Diets and Nutrition for Pain Management”
- “Digestion: Nutritional Approaches for the Simple to the Serious”
- Faculty with the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine Fellowship, designing and facilitating the course “Human Nutrition.”
- Co-authored/created and presented the revised “Environmental Toxins, Exposure, and Elimination” Module of the Certificate of Training Program offered by The Academy Center for Lifelong Learning
- Instructor for Dietitian Central
- Faculty with Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy &
- Instructor for Catalyst Training Lab – Middle East
Let’s talk about how I can engage, enlighten, and educate your colleagues, students or employees!
Contact me to get the conversation started.
Work With Mary
Let's connect and discuss how I can educate and inspire your audience or team to take steps to improve their personal health as well as the health of their community and the planet.