Podcast Episode 83
Collard green wraps are magical. This dark leafy green cranks up the nutritional value of what might normally be a wimpy sandwich. Learn about the health benefits and get some inspiration about what to put inside your yummy wrap.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- What is a collard wrap?
- Why not just use a corn tortilla or bread?
- What nutrition is found in collard greens?
- How do collard greens support bone health
- What are PHYTO chemicals and why do we care?
- Comparing collard greens to corn tortillas is like comparing apples to oranges!
- How many servings of veggies should you eat per day?
- And some inspiration for how to fill your collard wraps!
Collard Green Wrap Recipes for you from a few dietitian colleagues! YUM!
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOKS: The Microbiome Diet Reset & Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset