Seeking a speaker for your health-related conference, symposium or webinar series? Mary has a wide range of experience with, and a true passion for public speaking and education. She has been adjunct faculty at Bastyr University since 2015, has spoken at national conferences, given over 100+ workshops, and was the 2019 Commencement Speaker for Bastyr University. Additionally, before becoming a dietitian, Mary was a professional actor for 10 years in New York City.
To inquire about availability and other info:
(The below can be offered as professional presentations for those in the health profession for CEU’s. Others also available)
- Food Systems and Climate Change: The Role of Integrative Practitioners
- An Integrative Nutrition Approach to Thyroid Health
- Your Brain on Food: Nutrition for the Mind
- Integrative Approaches to Hypertension
- A Crash Course in Integrative and Functional Medicine for Dietitians
- Getting your Vitamin ZZZ’s: The Role of Sleep on Health
- Detoxification: Separating Fad from Fact
- The Art and Science of Mindful Eating Techniques
- Trialing Therapeutic Diets: Paleo; GFCF, SCD
Past speaker at the Washington State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Conferencec (2015 & 2017) The Austin Registered Dietitians Alliance Symposium(2018 & 2019) Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (2015 & 2017) and Greater Seattle Dietetic Association (2014 & 2015) Upcoming speaker atAcademy of Integrative Health and Medicine conference (Fall 2018 & 2019) and The Integrative Healthcare Symposium (2020)
Talk At Conference, Business, Or Community Organization
Need a talk for your business or community organization? Mary offers those too as time permits.
- How and Why We Eat: The Food Mood Connection
- Squashing the 3pm Slump: Eating to Energize!
- Beyond Broccoli: Eating for Energy, Immunity and Wellbeing
- Beyond Mac n’ Cheese: Healthy Munchin’ for Kids
- Lose the Salt, Keep the Flavor: Sodium Alternatives
- Sweet Tooth Therapy: Managing Cravings & Finding Tasty Treats
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Making Sense of Food Sensitivities
- Superfoods: The Silver Bullets of Health
- Beyond Oatmeal: Lowering Cholesterol Naturally
Do you have another topic in mind?
Past Community/Business Place Speaking Engagements
Fred Hutchison Research Center
Port of Seattle
Hope Heart Institute
Seattle Housing Authority
CIFR Incorporated/CAMMS Shelters
Wellspring Family Services
Cornish College of the Arts
For speaker fees and other info, please get in touch:
Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. Past experience: Private practice (8 yrs), Adjunct professor at Bastyr University, Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health. Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine!
This post is intended for entertainment purposes only. Please consult your doctor before following any information you find here. The opinions expressed here are those exclusively of Mary Purdy and do not necessarily represent the views of Arivale, Bastyr, Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine, or other entities.
Photo by Elliot Sloman