Podcast Episode 76
Having thyroid issues doesn’t always mean that the thyroid is what needs to be treated. Most hypothyroidism can be attributed to the autoimmune disease called “Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis”.
In this episode, you’ll find out how to support your body with nutrition and lifestyle habits that support overall health of the body and may be able to bring thyroid function back into balance.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- What role does the thyroid play in health?
- What are symptoms of a poorly functioning thyroid?
- What does immune function have to do with the thyroid?
- What nutrients support the thyroid? What foods should I include or avoid?
- What the heck is selenium? What’s in the anti-inflammatory diet?
- What effect do environmental & “endocrine disrupting chemicals have?
- Is the THYroid connected to the HIP bone?
- Why do Keith and Mary sing so much?
OTHER HELPFUL NOTES:
- Are you a practitioner?
- Want more in depth info on the addressing thyroid health with diet and lifestyle strategies?
- I offer a one hour CEU course through Bastyr University that you can access here: https://bastyr.edu/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=3394
- Currently Adjunct Professor at Bastyr University
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice (8 yrs)
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health