Podcast Episode 78
Curious about how soil quality affects food quality? There’s a strong connection. When the soil is healthy, humans are healthy. Find out how regenerative agtriculture is being utilized to heal our soil and ultimately save humanity.
Join Mary Purdy as she interviews Jeff Tkach from the Rodale Institute.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- What is the connection between soil health and human health?
- How many microorganisms are in a teaspoon of soil?
- What is regenerative agriculture?
- What is the regenerative agriculture certification?
- What’s the research around the difference in nutrient quality, crop yields, environmental impact and profitability of organically versus conventionally grown foods?
- Is “ergothionine” a nutrient or a Greek God?
- What’s the connection between functional medicine and the agricultural system?
- How can a personal health journey change the trajectory of your career?
- How hard is it to say the word “inextricable?”
A recent op-ed that Rodale authored: https://rodaleinstitute.org/blog/to-recover-from-covid-19-we-must-change-our-food-system/
Rodale’s recently released white paper on agriculture and human health: https://rodaleinstitute.org/education/resources/power-of-the-plate-regenerative-organic-agriculture/
And a link to donate! https://rodaleinstitute.org/get-involved/donate/
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health