Podcast Episode 79
Did you know that there are over 100 autoimmune diseases? Many of these can be addressed and prevented with diet and lifestyle shifts.
Join Mary Purdy as she interviews Andrea Nakayama from the Functional Nutrition Alliance about functional nutrition approaches to autoimmunity and how balancing food, movement, mindset and environment can make a huge difference when it comes to taming inflammation, improving your energy and resolving symptoms.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- What is inflammation and how do we address it?
- What is autoimmunity?
- What are the 3 major tenets of functional nutrition?
- Is nature medicinal?
- What are some signs and symptoms of autoimmune issues?
- Who is more likely to get autoimmune disease? Women or men?
- What does “your diagnosis is a branch” mean?
- What steps can you take to improve or prevent autoimmune issues?
- What is the “Circle of Influence”?
CONNECT WITH ANDREA NAKAYAMA
Full Body Systems, 10-month online practitioner training in Functional Nutrition: fullbodysystems.com (currently enrolling for the September cohort)
Instagram: @functionalnutritionalliance and @andreanakayama
Functional Nutrition Lab Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FunctionalNutritionLab/
Functional Nutrition Alliance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fxnalliance/
Twitter: @andreanakayama LinkedIn Company page
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOKS: The Microbiome Diet Reset & Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset