Podcast Episode 61
Are you passing up underrated healthy foods you (and your family) might just love! Guest Liz Weiss offers reasons (and recipes!) to reconsider these seven foods.
Plus: How to win a free-food gift card.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT:
Underrated Healthy Food #1
- Why should you eat barley?
- What is pearl barley?
- How do you cook barley?
- What is the nutritional value of barley?
- What are other meal options with barley?
Underrated Healthy Food #2
- Why should you eat black beans?
- Is it okay to use canned beans?
- How do you prepare black beans?
- Black bean brownies
- Quick cooking ideas for black bean
- 5-minute “Last minute black bean soup”
Underrated Healthy Food #3
- Why should you eat spaghetti squash?
- How to cook with spaghetti squash?
- Liz’s favorite spaghetti squash recipe
- What is the nutritional value of spaghetti squash?
- Using the squash skin as a bowl
Underrated Healthy Food #4
- Why should you eat Brussels sprouts?
- What is the nutritional value of Brussels sprouts?
- How to cook with Brussels sprouts?
- A quick verbal recipe for Brussels sprouts
- What ingredients go well with Brussels sprouts?
Underrated Healthy Food #5
- Why should you eat canned salmon?
- What is the nutritional value of canned salmon?
- How to cook with canned salmon?
- Which to look for in canned salmon?
- What about canned sardines?
- A quick sardine recipe
Underrated Healthy Food #6
- Why should you eat parsnips?
- How to cook with parsnips
- Other ideas about how to use parsnips
- Why to roast vegetables
- What about roasted radishes?
Underrated Healthy Food #7
- Why should you eat eggs?
- Should you use the whole egg? Eat the yolk?
- What is the nutritional value of eggs?
- The secret to boiling eggs
PLUS: The Weekly Nutrition Challenge!
MENTIONED ON SHOW:
Nona Lim Give Away
We’re giving away a gift card for $50. Nice!
To enter your name into the drawing:
- Accept Mary’s Nutrition Challenge by…
- Commenting on Mary’s Facebook post about this episode. You could say something like “I accept the Weekly Challenge!”
- We will announce the winner on our next podcast.
- We can only send to a U.S. address.
GUEST: Liz Weiss, RDN
Liz’s Website: https://www.lizshealthytable.com
Liz’s Podcast: https://www.lizshealthytable.com/podcast/
Liz Weiss Recipes
Liz Weiss – Social Media
Liz on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LizsHealthyTable/
Liz on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lizweiss/
Liz on Twitter: https://twitter.com/lizweiss
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 10 years of clinical experience and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly. Subscribe and Review on Podcasts App (and iTunes) ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University. Past experience:
- Private practice (8 yrs)
- Adjunct Professor at Bastyr University
- Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Mary currently works as a Registered Dietitian Coach at the Scientific Wellness company, Arivale. Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness and believes that food is medicine! MARY’S NEW BOOK: Serving the Broccoli Gods DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset