Podcast Episode 97
Concerned about our environment and climate change? We offer 5 ways that YOU can engage in more environmentally friendly eating. Think of this as a crash course in how our food system affects the environment and contributes to climate change.
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- What percentage of our greenhouse gases come from the food system?
- What can we do to be more eco-friendly in our eating habits?
- How much of the food we produce gets wasted?
- Why is it important to “build the soil”
- What does “Best by” actually mean?
- How does our industrial agricultural system affect the climate?
- How much plastic actually gets recycled?
ALSO MENTIONED ON OUR SHOW:
1. Alanna Peterson’s award-winning debut novel “When We Vanished”.
To learn more and download a free digital copy, please visit rootcitypress.com/gift.
2. The Food + Wellness Equity Collective: https://foodwellnessequity.com/
Photo by Elaine Casap on Unsplash.
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest information and tips about nutrition, lifestyle, and sustainable foods, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a specialty in and passion for sustainability, and a healthy sense of humor.
Subscribe and Review on Apple Podcasts App
ABOUT MARY: Mary Purdy is an Integrative Eco- Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty and a Clinical Supervisor at their teaching clinic. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
Mary and Keith are dynamic and fun; presenting this relevant information & insight for easy uptake and understanding.
So glad you enjoyed learning from me and Keith. We have a lot of fun making the podcast. Please feel free to share your favorite episodes with your friends. You can also follow me Instagram at @marypurdyrd
Thanks again for tuning in. We love our audience!