Podcast Episode 82
Did you know that how food is grown affects both our health and that of our environment? Our current environmental crisis is necessitating new approaches to agriculture that may also offer solutions! If you thought soil was just soil, think again! Join our conversation with Jennifer Maynard and learn about why growing food using organic or regenerative farming practices can help prevent soil erosion, support the environment and ultimately produce more nutritious foods that can support and improve your health.
Are you ready to change the future with your buying power as a consumer?
IN THIS EPISODE WE’LL COVER SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS:
- How does how the food is grown affect the quality of the food?
- How does the soil microbiome affect the health of the planet?
- Do plants have conversations?
- Why is biodiversity important?
- Does regeneratively grown food have more nutrients?
- When are insects helpful?
- What the heck is aquaponics?
- What is Chayote?
- What can I do as a consumer to drive change?
- How can I connect more with my food?
- How might I reduce the antibodies associated with Hashimoto’s?
- What the heck are “rambo radishes”?
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW
1. Nutrition For Longevity: https://nutritionforlongevity.com/
Discount Code: BEHEALTHY gives you 10% of your purchase. Expires two months from the publish date of the podcast.
2. Kohlrabi! Here’s a recipe: Oil Free Kohlrabi Carrot Slaw by Tina Marinaccio MS RD CPT
3. Center for Biological Diversity biologicaldiversity.org
4. Chayote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chayote
About the Show
Mary Purdy, MS, RDN, dishes out easy-to-digest info, tips, and advice about nutrition & lifestyle, backed by over 12 years of clinical experience, a passion for sustainability and a healthy sense of humor. Join the weekly conversation! Episodes come out weekly.
ABOUT MARY Mary Purdy is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from Bastyr University where she is Adjunct Faculty. She writes, consults and speaks at conferences throughout the year, and was the Keynote speaker at the 2019 Bastyr University Commencement. Past experience includes:
- 4 years as Coach and Clinical Education Lead at Arivale, Seattle
- 8 years in private practice
- 5 years Clinical Supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
Mary takes an integrative/holistic approach to diet, health & wellness, promotes plant-based and sustainable eating habits and believes that food is medicine!
MARY’S BOOKS: The Microbiome Diet Reset & Serving the Broccoli Gods
DOWNLOAD MARY’S FREE GUIDE: 2-Day Body Reset